Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

The listing of Q Battery medals following the Boar War is confusing 11 years 1 month ago #8882

• gunner4224
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
I was talking to the BSM of Q Battery yesterday and he kindly gave me his email address. I will be emailing him sometime today to check out a few things for myself regarding the battery lineage. I will also ask the questions on this forum to see what he can say.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The listing of Q Battery medals following the Boar War is confusing 11 years 1 month ago #8883

• Henk Loots
  • Thank you received: 443
Hi

I came across the above 2 pages among the remnants of my Glassock file. If my memory serves me right I originally got them from Dr Frank Mitchell (my mentor from my earliest medal collecting days. The blue entries on the one is in his handwriting.

Mike can note that a Gunner J McDonnell/MacDonald is listed as wounded

Henk

The listing of Q Battery medals following the Boar War is confusing 11 years 1 month ago #8884

• Henk Loots
Hi

It seems the 2 attachments went AWOL!

Henk
Attachments:

The listing of Q Battery medals following the Boar War is confusing 11 years 1 month ago #8885

• Henk Loots
And the second one
Attachments:

The listing of Q Battery medals following the Boar War is confusing 11 years 1 month ago #8887

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954

QSAMIKE wrote: Good Morning Frank.....

Yes I have seen the casualty list but the thing is I am looking for the other members of Q Battery who survived the fight at Sannah's Post..... Just because he has the bar Relief of Kimberly does not specifically mean that he took part in the battle.....

The reason I am asking this is that I have been offered a 6 Bar QSA properly named to Q Battery and yet I cannot find him on either the casualty list as wounded or on the medal roll....

I cannot remember the Regimental Number but the name is Gunner J. McDonnell, "Q" Bty. R.H.A.

Mike

But he is on the Q Battery roll WO100/139 the annotation refers to the man above.

Attachments:

The listing of Q Battery medals following the Boar War is confusing 11 years 1 month ago #8888

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Mike,
I would suggest that Mcdonald was in action with his battery on the 31st of March 1900, there is nothing to suggest that he was not, moreover, from the information Henk has given, I would suggest all the more so, I can tell you that Frank Mitchell was no fool! :)
Regards Frank

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 3.595 seconds