Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Re: The listing of Q Battery medals following the Boar War is confusing 11 years 3 months ago #7727

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Now it gets more interesting!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: The listing of Q Battery medals following the Boar War is confusing 11 years 3 months ago #7731

• Frank Kelley
Bruce,
Thank you for the emails and photo, I could "covet" that trio, I have forwarded this latter to David, if you require anything further, you know where we are, good to talk to you and now I think you will have something to talk to your uncle about.
Regards again Frank

Re: The listing of Q Battery medals following the Boar War is confusing 11 years 3 months ago #7735

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4542
Thank you Bruce for this picture:

Dr David Biggins
Attachments:

Re: The listing of Q Battery medals following the Boar War is confusing 11 years 3 months ago #7738

• Frank Kelley
David,
Superb trio! :)
Bruce,
The index card for the Great War pair.

djb wrote: Thank you Bruce for this picture:

Attachments:

Re: The listing of Q Battery medals following the Boar War is confusing 11 years 3 months ago #7745

• gunner4224
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
I am very interested in the discussions taking place regarding Q Battery, The reason for this is that Q went onto become 38th battery and then today is known as 94 New Zealand Battery RA. I have built a web site for my old Regiment that was disbanded in 1977 and 94 served with until then. They now serve with 4th Regiment are are in Afghanistan. Anyway there was another Gunner or Driver as he was know who was awarded the VC, that was H Glasock, because of the whole battery fighting hard it was decided to select someone from the ranks to recieve the VC on behalf of all, so thats how he was awarded it. I would be interested in recieving more information via my email address [email protected]
Regards Chris Dunham web site is www.42regt.com

Re: The listing of Q Battery medals following the Boar War is confusing 11 years 3 months ago #7748

• Frank Kelley
Hello and welcome,
I have always admired the extreme valor of the Queens Battery at Sannah's Post, we are talking about fifty or so men here, Dyson's QSA is really quite rare and his story is nice to see on here.
From memory I think it was Lord Robert's who decided that the men would "Ballot" for the Victoria Cross's as there was no way to separate the courage shown by each of the men after saving two thirds of the battery.
I am not an artillery man, but, lets not forget these men of the RHA were doing exactly what their forefathers had done at Waterloo, wheel to wheel, in sight of the enemy, :woohoo: just the same a few years later too, in 1914!
Regards Frank

gunner4224 wrote: I am very interested in the discussions taking place regarding Q Battery, The reason for this is that Q went onto become 38th battery and then today is known as 94 New Zealand Battery RA. I have built a web site for my old Regiment that was disbanded in 1977 and 94 served with until then. They now serve with 4th Regiment are are in Afghanistan. Anyway there was another Gunner or Driver as he was know who was awarded the VC, that was H Glasock, because of the whole battery fighting hard it was decided to select someone from the ranks to recieve the VC on behalf of all, so thats how he was awarded it. I would be interested in recieving more information via my email address [email protected]
Regards Chris Dunham web site is www.42regt.com

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 3.595 seconds