Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Your thoughts please 11 years 1 month ago #8594

• Brett Hendey
  • Thank you received: 717
Frank, you are right as usual, and in future I will be more circumspect about the buttons I send to Paul. A ZARP's cap badge has just come into the local militaria shop and I thought that it would be an interesting addition to the button, but I now realise that it might cause a botanical blooming that would alter the character of this forum.

Regards
Brett

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Your thoughts please 11 years 1 month ago #8596

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Brett,
I can assure both you and other concerned forum members that I do not have a hidden agenda to turn this forum into "the Anglo Boer War and Orchid Forum" though, of course, I am unable to speak for other forum members, in particular, those who grow them in their garden, which I cannot do here. :sick: :sick: :sick:
Regards Frank

Brett Hendey wrote: Frank, you are right as usual, and in future I will be more circumspect about the buttons I send to Paul. A ZARP's cap badge has just come into the local militaria shop and I thought that it would be an interesting addition to the button, but I now realise that it might cause a botanical blooming that would alter the character of this forum.

Regards
Brett

Your thoughts please 11 years 1 month ago #8605

• iaindh
  • Thank you received: 35
Frank,
I am devastated to learn that England's green and pleasant land is unable to nurture such a magnificent example of flora as the Amarylis and thus, your poor "Alfred" stands alone.
I see only sleepless nights ahead.... :silly:
kindest regards, Iain

Frank Kelley wrote: Brett,
I can assure both you and other concerned forum members that I do not have a hidden agenda to turn this forum into "the Anglo Boer War and Orchid Forum" though, of course, I am unable to speak for other forum members, in particular, those who grow them in their garden, which I cannot do here. :sick: :sick: :sick:
Regards Frank

Your thoughts please 11 years 1 month ago #8613

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Iain,
"Alfred" Viscount Milner is not alone, he is in good company, but, cannot grow outside, it is just too cold and the soil condition is unsuited, moreover, it has been so cold that my collection of orchids, over twenty, are being moved around as life in their normal place of residence, my conservatory, seems to have become unsatisfactary this winter.
My amarylis are all doing well, but, my other orchids? this is about as good as it gets, only the mere promise of future blooms. :(
Kind regards Frank

iaindh wrote: Frank,
I am devastated to learn that England's green and pleasant land is unable to nurture such a magnificent example of flora as the Amarylis and thus, your poor "Alfred" stands alone.
I see only sleepless nights ahead.... :silly:
kindest regards, Iain

Frank Kelley wrote: Brett,
Regards Frank

Attachments:

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.515 seconds