Middleton is a village in the Eastern Cape, on the banks of the Fish River. It was established in 1879 as a train stop.
The Middleton TG was formed on 8 February 1901 and was called out for activity military service against the enemy during the following periods:
3 - 26 March 1901, inclusive
25 - 28 April 1901, inclusive
22 September to 21 October 1901, inclusive
26 May to 31 May 1902
The unit was disbanded on 25 October 1902.
There are 36 men on the medal roll, WO100/283p216.
© Crown copyright images reproduced by permission of The National Archives, London, England. The National Archives give no warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or fitness for the purpose of the information provided. Images may be used only for purposes of research, private study or education. Applications for any other use should be made to The National Archives Image Library, Kew, Richmond, Surrey TW9 4DU, Tel: 020 8392 5225 Fax: 020 8392 5266.
|QSA and Supplementary roll pages||WO100/282||5||1.7|