Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Jameson's Raiders 9 years 7 months ago #22441

• Lostmedals
  • Lostmedals's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Collecting medals is a minefield, but can also be very rewarding when you uncover the history behind the person. That's 50% of the fun or disappointment.

Scrapping medals was a past time in the UK 80's Silver Bubble.
I'm more from the world of WW1, so I know exactly what I'm up against
when looking to re-unite groups, that's why I started the website(see my Introduction)

But it isn't going to deter me from still looking :)

Cheers John.

Frank Kelley wrote: John,
I would add, all that's needed here is simply to match the exact age of your fellow, his birth details and you have your man, but, of course, if all went well, you would then have the minor issue of the BSA Co medal, a rare thing these days, when I was a small boy there was a bullion dealer in Bulawayo who was actually buying them to scrap, sadly, very many are lost forever.
Again, regards Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Jameson's Raiders 9 years 7 months ago #22462

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
An awful lot of BWM's were actually scrapped here in the 1930's, but, with the BSA Co medal, sadly, a great number were melted down in the 1970's times were very hard indeed in Rhodesia, hopefully, Brown's medal was not one of them.

Lostmedals wrote: Collecting medals is a minefield, but can also be very rewarding when you uncover the history behind the person. That's 50% of the fun or disappointment.

Scrapping medals was a past time in the UK 80's Silver Bubble.
I'm more from the world of WW1, so I know exactly what I'm up against
when looking to re-unite groups, that's why I started the website(see my Introduction)

But it isn't going to deter me from still looking :)

Cheers John.

Frank Kelley wrote: John,
I would add, all that's needed here is simply to match the exact age of your fellow, his birth details and you have your man, but, of course, if all went well, you would then have the minor issue of the BSA Co medal, a rare thing these days, when I was a small boy there was a bullion dealer in Bulawayo who was actually buying them to scrap, sadly, very many are lost forever.
Again, regards Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.388 seconds