Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Relief of Mafeking to Pom Poms. 10 years 3 months ago #17380

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4530
Ah Gatjade invoices, I remember those (though I never understood the trading name!)
Dr David Biggins

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Relief of Mafeking to Pom Poms. 10 years 3 months ago #17381

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Ian,

Agreed. I will go through the Pom Pom roll later and check.

I can see Morgan's OFS & RoM on the Supplementary Roll (144p111). Do you have a reference for his Tr clasp?

Best wishes
David
Dr David Biggins

Relief of Mafeking to Pom Poms. 10 years 3 months ago #17382

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Hello Ian,
What a super pair, I noticed a David Morgan who enlisted into the regular army, the Western Division RA on the 22nd of March 1899 at their Depot, from the Pembroke RGA,
I wonder if it was him, sadly, I cannot tell you that it was.
Kind regards Frank

Relief of Mafeking to Pom Poms. 10 years 3 months ago #17385

• LinneyI
  • LinneyI's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1541
David
Re your 17381: I have a reference to the Tv clasp on the Nominal List of the "Men Transferred (or re-transferred after Mobilization) to the 1st Class Army Reserve" page 73 shows RofM and Tv and a blurred date looks like 27/8/06 and a reference number. The medal roll for Pom Poms Section R.A. shows both RofM and Tv plus OFS and a date looks like 17/6/05. Page 112 - or at least the number 112 is on the top of the page.
Frank
Re your 17382: I would say that that David Morgan is indeed my man. Proving it is, as you say, sadly difficult.
Best regards to both
IL.

Relief of Mafeking to Pom Poms. 10 years 3 months ago #17411

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Hello Ian,
Sometimes the service number is given, however, in this case it is not shown so I can only speculate that it may have been your man, he was just nineteen, a dangerous age for many wanting to chance their luck, as the war clouds began to gather, a pity. but, no matter, still a good pair, never mind, I like your new Bodyguard, I dare say you have found a little place for him in your collection!
Regards Frank

LinneyI wrote: David
Re your 17381: I have a reference to the Tv clasp on the Nominal List of the "Men Transferred (or re-transferred after Mobilization) to the 1st Class Army Reserve" page 73 shows RofM and Tv and a blurred date looks like 27/8/06 and a reference number. The medal roll for Pom Poms Section R.A. shows both RofM and Tv plus OFS and a date looks like 17/6/05. Page 112 - or at least the number 112 is on the top of the page.
Frank
Re your 17382: I would say that that David Morgan is indeed my man. Proving it is, as you say, sadly difficult.
Best regards to both
IL.

Relief of Mafeking to Pom Poms. 10 years 3 months ago #17413

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Ian,

On the page with 112 written top right (WO100/144p111) is recorded Morgan's OFS clasp with the note as you say recording the RoM & Tr clasps issued under 68/Art/4696 and issued 17 Jun 1905. As this is the Supplementary Roll, a different column indicates whether a QSA roll has already been submitted for his and there is a Yes in the column. While his three clasps are recorded on the supplementary roll, I was trying to locate the QSA roll as this might show other men of the Pom Pom section entitled to the clasp.

I'll keep looking.

Kind regards
David
Dr David Biggins

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.852 seconds