Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Medals to the Queensland Mounted Infantry Contingents 1 year 11 months ago #83313

• djb
  • djb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4530
Jim,

I cannot find it either. You can search your own posts for keywords. I search for you username and the words 'morrison' and 'pay' but without success.

To do this, you open the Search window in the forum.

Dr David Biggins
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: jim51

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Medals to the Queensland Mounted Infantry Contingents 1 year 11 months ago #83317

• LinneyI
  • Thank you received: 1541
Trev
Yes, you did send me three pages concerning Morrison of QMI to my email address and I did reply thanking you.
Thanks for following it up.
Regards
IL.

Medals to the Queensland Mounted Infantry Contingents 1 year 11 months ago #83320

• jim51
  • Thank you received: 104
Ian,

That is good news, I was starting to think I had forgotten it.

Jim

Medals to the Queensland Mounted Infantry Contingents 1 year 11 months ago #83321

• Trev
  • Thank you received: 204
Hi Ian,
Thanks for the compliment, but I believe that you might be referring to the other Queenslander, Jim.

Funny story about Jim, I'm 1300kms (830mi for the non-metric countries) from home visiting the parents and deciding what to do with myself on a wet Saturday when the decision was made to travel 1½hrs to a Militaria and Gunshow that has been placed on hold for the past couple of years thanks to good old Covid restrictions.

After doing a quick lap I spotted an elusive QSA (would you believe the only one at the show) to the 1st Australian Commonwealth Horse with three clasps. I had a quick look and noted the details and walked away to think clearly and pulled out of the backpack the trusty iPad to do some further research and noted that my man was a Queenslander.

I ended up getting side-tracked for no longer than 10mins to return to the dealer to find that my next purchase had been sold to my great disappointment and disgust. Having a chat with the dealer about the QSA and he commenced to describe the buyer who is of course a keen collector of Boer war medals and the town that he hails from. In the back of my mind I knew who he was talking about and as soon I said his name, Jim, the dealer acknowledged.

I felt a little bit better now about the loss knowing that the QSA is going to a good home and another mad collector. I was also happy to finally catch up with Jim who I have never met and only spoke via the computer and we were both were surprised as each other to finally meet so far from home as Jim blitzed my journey by another 500kms.

The very important lesson that I learnt was if you snooze, you lose. On the other hand I have walked away, finally meeting Jim and not having to explain to the Minister of Finance why I have bought another QSA when I have already got a dozen or so that all look the same.

Trev

Medals to the Queensland Mounted Infantry Contingents 1 year 11 months ago #83327

• LinneyI
  • Thank you received: 1541
Trev and Jim
Sorry for the brain fade! Stone the crows!
Trev
"You snooze, you lose". Well, yes. Some of the best items I have run across (i.e., Morrison's) were a matter of "being there" and saying yes. However, one can't have everything. The real difficulty is finding certain NSW QSAs to 1st NSWMR/NSWCB/NSWIB because of local interest in the "battle" clasps or else "Rhodesia". They were never plentiful in the so-called old days anyway.
The funny thing is that I am aware of the existence of a number of active collectors here - but they all seem to prefer acting individually and when I mention David's site, they are simply not interested.
Again, sorry for the brain fade.
Best regards
IL.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Trev

Medals to the Queensland Mounted Infantry Contingents 1 year 11 months ago #83442

• jim51
  • Thank you received: 104
Hi Paul,
We are back in the north west after a long drive over two days.
It was a pleasure indeed to catch up with you at Toowoomba. I will have to ensure I leave earlier next time to beat the 'early birds'.

I had some success at Toowoomba, the QSA and a WW1 trio to a Queenslander that was in a unit I have been chasing for years.

Noble's in 'on' again in July. I'll touch base with you prior to the day.

All the best,

Jim

Jim

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.491 seconds