Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Melton Mowbray Tribute Medal 10 years 4 months ago #16268

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Hello Adrian,
Well you certainly had a better day than me, on the plus side, I did get to make a huge Lego castle, but, then ended up having a heated argument with a four year old girl when she suggested that it would make a suitable home for her hamster, who then went on to complain to Father Christmas! :(
Regards again Frank

capepolice wrote: Hello Frank,

I have just arrived home. We had a superb afternoon at Mike Conradies home in Westville.

Brian x2, Brett, Mike, Tinus etc were there as well as Anthony from Australia and Chris from DNW in the UK which was great. Chris put on a superb slide show and backed it up with the medals. We all had a slot to discuss a couple of groups and then relaxed with a few pints.

A very enjoyable afternoon indeed.

Regards
Adrian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Melton Mowbray Tribute Medal 10 years 4 months ago #16269

• capepolice
  • Thank you received: 432
Hi Frank,

Well done on the Lego Castle. I must say, you made me chuckle with the hamster story :lol: :lol:

At least you did your bit.

Regards
Adrian

Frank Kelley wrote: Hello Adrian,
Well you certainly had a better day than me, on the plus side, I did get to make a huge Lego castle, but, then ended you having a heated argument with a four year old girl when she suggested that it would make a suitable home for her hamster, who then went on to complain to Father Christmas! :(
Regards again Frank

I have just arrived home. We had a superb afternoon at Mike Conradies home in Westville.

Brian x2, Brett, Mike, Tinus etc were there as well as Anthony from Australia and Chris from DNW in the UK which was great. Chris put on a superb slide show and backed it up with the medals. We all had a slot to discuss a couple of groups and then relaxed with a few pints.

Regards
Adrian

Part time researcher of the Cape Police and C.P.G Regiment.

Melton Mowbray Tribute Medal 10 years 4 months ago #16283

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4519
It sounds like you had a great day. I saw DNW Chris as few weeks ago and he mentioned he was travelling south. Shame he didn't have more room in his suitcases!
Dr David Biggins

Melton Mowbray Tribute Medal 10 years 4 months ago #16290

• capepolice
Hello David,

We certainly did have a great day.

I tell you, Chris is very clued up on the African campaigns and has some incredible medals relating to Nigeria, East Africa etc. He had a superb pair with him that you just don't see in SA,the Central Africa medal with the Royal Niger Company medal in bronze. I am embarrassed to say that I can't remember the recipients name however, the Niger medal was numbered only as it should be, 1488 or was it 1448 ??

You certainly need to pop over again for a visit.

Regards
Adrian

Melton Mowbray Tribute Medal 10 years 4 months ago #16293

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Hello Adrian,
My castle, my rules, moreover, as Father Christmas had gone for lunch and left me in command, no hamster! :)
Regards again Frank

capepolice wrote: Hi Frank,

Well done on the Lego Castle. I must say, you made me chuckle with the hamster story :lol: :lol:

At least you did your bit.

Regards
Adrian

Frank Kelley wrote: Hello Adrian,
Well you certainly had a better day than me, on the plus side, I did get to make a huge Lego castle, but, then ended you having a heated argument with a four year old girl when she suggested that it would make a suitable home for her hamster, who then went on to complain to Father Christmas! :(
Regards again Frank

Regards
Adrian

Melton Mowbray Tribute Medal 10 years 4 months ago #16295

• capepolice
Hello Frank,

I am still smiling :) :) good on you.

Cheers
Adrian

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.461 seconds