TOPIC:

QSA with added bars 9 years 11 months ago #19735

• CMF
  • CMF's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Jim

Many thanks. I was considering buying this medal, but the evidence presented to date makes me extremely cautious. But I concede further evidence is still required before I dismiss it entirely.

Much appreciated if you could advise where would I purchase the relevant medal rolls from?

Thanks Jim,

Best

Colin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

QSA with added bars 9 years 11 months ago #19736

• Henk Loots
  • Thank you received: 443
Hi Colin
Do not waste your time in waiting for "further evidence". The medal is doctored : stay clear of it and don't waste your money.

Henk

QSA with added bars 9 years 11 months ago #19740

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Hello Colin,
The medal is wrong and you should dismiss here and now, I spent this morning looking at almost two hundred QSA's, I would say that all of them were better than that example, in that they were verified, the rolls are available to you on line.
Regards again Frank

CMF wrote: Hi Jim

Many thanks. I was considering buying this medal, but the evidence presented to date makes me extremely cautious. But I concede further evidence is still required before I dismiss it entirely.

Much appreciated if you could advise where would I purchase the relevant medal rolls from?

Thanks Jim,

Best

Colin

QSA with added bars 9 years 11 months ago #19742

• coldstream
  • Thank you received: 214
Frank,

I assume you paid a visit to Stockport?
Anything interesting and did you make a purchase ;)

Paul :)

Frank Kelley wrote: Hello Colin,
The medal is wrong and you should dismiss here and now, I spent this morning looking at almost two hundred QSA's, I would say that all of them were better than that example, in that they were verified, the rolls are available to you on line.
Regards again Frank

Thanks Jim,

Best

Colin

"From a billow of the rolling veldt we looked back, and black columns were coming up behind us."

QSA with added bars 9 years 11 months ago #19748

• jim51
  • Thank you received: 104
Hi Colin,

It may take some time to obtain all of the medal rolls, so be patient. I suggest that you try ABE Books, City Coins Auction catalogue, Kaplan's auctions, ebay & your favourite search engine on the net.
But in the short term I imagine that forum members will be able to assist with enquiries

Cheers,

Jim

QSA with added bars 9 years 11 months ago #19749

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Hello Paul,
Yes, but, sadly not, all that glitters is not gold, or indeed, silver! :(
Regards Frank

coldstream wrote: Frank,

I assume you paid a visit to Stockport?
Anything interesting and did you make a purchase ;)

Paul :)

Frank Kelley wrote: Hello Colin,
Regards again Frank

Thanks Jim,

Best

Colin

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.449 seconds