Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Re: Hello, I'm a New Member 11 years 3 months ago #7869

• Aaran
  • Thank you received: 2

Angloannie wrote: Hi Again Frank. I have copies of 3 original handwritten forms 1. Army Form E504 (Enlistment), 2. Statement of Service of No. 2954 with last entry Terminated 10.3.1905 signed 5/RIR and 3. Description of F Hanna on Enlistment. There is no information about clasp or medal entitlement. The reason I know he has a medal is he is wearing it in an old photo I have of him in his RIR uniform when he re-enlisted in WW1. Thank you again for the information.
Annie

Hi Annie. Your research is progressing very well. Only an idea, but if you can attach the image of the picture of F Hanna wearing the medal it may assist in confirming the medal.
Aaran

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Hello, I'm a New Member 11 years 3 months ago #7874

• Angloannie
  • Angloannie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1

Aaran wrote:

Hi Annie. Your research is progressing very well. Only an idea, but if you can attach the image of the picture of F Hanna wearing the medal it may assist in confirming the medal.
Aaran[/quote]

Hello Aaran, I will certainly attach the only photograph of Francis when he re-enlisted in WW1 in uniform wearing his medal. As I haven't posted attachments on this forum I am unclear as to the dimensions allowed so will try and work this out and hopefully attach tomorrow. Many thanks.
Annie

Re: Hello, I'm a New Member 11 years 3 months ago #7881

• Angloannie

This is Francis' photo which would have been taken some time between he was discharged in 1905 and KIA in France in 1918. I am afraid his medal is not very clear in the photo.
Annie
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aaran

Re: Hello, I'm a New Member 11 years 3 months ago #7887

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Annie,
A lovely portrait with a four clasp QSA, one assumes the two top clasps are South Africa 1901 and 1902?
I did not actually look at any further supplementary rolls, really nice picture.
Regards Frank.

Re: Hello, I'm a New Member 11 years 3 months ago #7897

• Aaran
  • Thank you received: 2
As they say in Lisburn, that portrait is "sticking out". A very nice clean sharp image. A proud looking bloke who looks as if he would have been brave craic if you where in his company. Will need to get my great uncles image up with his medals too.

Re: Hello, I'm a New Member 11 years 3 months ago #7898

• Angloannie
Yes Frank it's not a bad photograph considering it was taken many years ago. I'm not quite up to speed with clasps etc.(are these the bars above the medal?)if so would you be able to advise me if two of the clasps are SA 1902 and 1902 what the other ones represent? I have tried looking for his name on this forum but haven't found him.
Regards, Annie

Frank Kelley wrote: Annie,
A lovely portrait with a four clasp QSA, one assumes the two top clasps are South Africa 1901 and 1902?
I did not actually look at any further supplementary rolls, really nice picture.
Regards Frank.

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.508 seconds