Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

British South Africa Company Medal with Three Clasps 5 months 2 weeks ago #94104

• Simon Pearce
  • Simon Pearce's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi Everybody, We will be selling an interesting group of three medals relating to South Africa, together with the recipients 98-page typed account of his life as a pioneer in South Africa. The group comprises a South Africa 1877-79 Medal with 1877-8 clasp, British South Africa Company Medal (Mashonaland 1890 Medal) with three clasps (Mashonaland 1890, Matabeleland 1893 and Mashonaland 1897), and Queen's South Africa Medal with Transvaal clasp, all correctly named. However, the list of recipients of the BSAC medal on your site, sourced as being the BSACM rolls, records him as having only the Matabeleland 1893 clasp). Our question is whether these rolls are completely accurate as the whole group, together with all the related ephemera we will be selling indicate that the three clasps are genuine?

Your help would be greatly appreciated, and I daresay that some of your number will be interested in the group!

Looking forward to hearing from you in due course.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

British South Africa Company Medal with Three Clasps 5 months 2 weeks ago #94105

• Dave F
  • Thank you received: 1207
Hello Simon
Welcome to the forum.

Does your South African pioneer have a name?

Dave....
You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
Best regards,
Dave

British South Africa Company Medal with Three Clasps 5 months 2 weeks ago #94107

• Simon Pearce
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Hi Dave,

Yes, he was Thomas William Glover, Queenstown Volunteer Contingent, British South Africa Company Police (British South Africa Police), and Army Service Corps, comprising South Africa 1877-79 Medal with 1877-8 clasp, British South Africa Company Medal (Mashonaland 1890 Medal) with three clasps (Mashonaland 1890, Matabeleland 1893 and Mashonaland 1897), and Queen's South Africa Medal with Transvaal clasp
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave F

British South Africa Company Medal with Three Clasps 5 months 2 weeks ago #94108

• Simon Pearce
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Sorry, Dave, I clicked too quickly (a novice to these things, I'm afraid!). Thomas William Glover, Queenstown Volunteer Contingent, British South Africa Company Police (British South Africa Police), and Army Service Corps, comprising South Africa 1877-79 Medal with 1877-8 clasp, British South Africa Company Medal (Mashonaland 1890 Medal) with three clasps (Mashonaland 1890, Matabeleland 1893 and Mashonaland 1897), and Queen's South Africa Medal with Transvaal clasp.
Attachments:

British South Africa Company Medal with Three Clasps 5 months 2 weeks ago #94109

• Simon Pearce
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Hi Again, Dave, I will get the hang of this, I promise! Thank you for your reply. Herewith another image of the group. Hope it helps! The 98-page account makes interesting reading - he was at battles of Chua Hill, Shangani and Imbenbesi, and also farmed and prospected out there.

Kind regards,

Simon
Attachments:

British South Africa Company Medal with Three Clasps 5 months 2 weeks ago #94110

• Dave F
  • Thank you received: 1207
Your image

Hi Simon
Just a quick question, is there any mention in Trooper Glovers account reference having served in Salisbury's Horse?
You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
Best regards,
Dave
Attachments:

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.734 seconds