Springbokfontein is in northern Cape. The town was renamed Springbok in 1911.
The Town Guard was in existence from the building of the blockhouses on 1 December 1901 until the attack by the Boer forces on 1 April 1902.
A net of 10 medals issued.
© Crown copyright images reproduced by permission of The National Archives, London, England. The National Archives give no warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or fitness for the purpose of the information provided. Images may be used only for purposes of research, private study or education. Applications for any other use should be made to The National Archives Image Library, Kew, Richmond, Surrey TW9 4DU, Tel: 020 8392 5225 Fax: 020 8392 5266.
|QSA and Supplementary roll pages||WO100/285||1||0.7|