• Page:

TOPIC:

Kitchener's Horse 2 years 6 months ago #78896

• JBJ
  • JBJ's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 1
I am trying to find out the fate of Trooper Stuart Brown of Kitchener's Horse. The nominal roll images on ABW website show he enlisted on 6.8.1900 and was discharged as “Medically Unfit” (Supery?) on 21.11.1900. I have an envelope addressed to him at Ward 26 13th General Hospital Wynberg from a A.T.T. Middlemiss posted from Mochundi (British Bechuanaland) dated NO 22 (no year date). On consulting the SAFF Casualty list I found a reference to Trooper S Brown Kitcheners Horse, being killed at Bothaville on 6th November 1900. I am assuming this is the same S. Brown but it would seem he wasn't killed at Bothaville. I am wondering if he died from his wounds in hospital or if the Casualty list entry needs amending?
Any information would be greatly received.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kitchener's Horse 2 years 6 months ago #78899

• Dave F
  • Thank you received: 1175
JBJ
Trooper Stuart Brown 23552 was discharged on 21st November 1900.

Trooper Sidney Bennett Brown 25330 was killed at Bothaville. Medal roll states 6th of November 1900. His personal effects date records 11th November 1900
Both served in Kitcheners Horse.

Notes on 23552 S (Stuart) Browns medal roll dated 4th October 1901 Pretoria. Mentions medal / clasps issued to Brigade Commander , Toronto Inf Brigade, Toronto 25th April 1905 ( Applicant informed)
Clasps to QSA , Cape Colony, OFS, Transvaal plus 1901 date clasp.
You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
Best regards,
Dave
The following user(s) said Thank You: JBJ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.987 seconds