Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

BSAC medal (Matabeleland 1893) to Tpr. P Matthysen (Victoria Column) 1 year 8 months ago #84986

• Pussinboots
  • Pussinboots's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi folks. I have just found a BSAC medal roll listing for Tpr. Petrus Jacobus Matthysen (Victoria Column) ... it suggests no clasp was awarded. I acquired a BSAC medal (Matabeleland 1893) to Tpr. P Matthysen (Victoria Column) back in January and it has the "Rhodesia 1896" clasp attached. I wonder which is correct, the medal or the medal roll transcript on the site here? I hope its the medal and if so perhaps this extra information about Tpr. Matthysen's medal clasp entitlement can be added to the site? Regards to all.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

BSAC medal (Matabeleland 1893) to Tpr. P Matthysen (Victoria Column) 1 year 8 months ago #85001

• LinneyI
  • Thank you received: 1537
Pussinboots
I have access to both the Owen and Roberts Publications rolls for the BSA Co. Medal. The former shows your man as being awarded the 1893 medal with the Victoria Column and the latter shows "Clasp 1896" for service with A Troop, Afrikander Corps. See attached cut -

Regards
IL.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: djb, Pussinboots

BSAC medal (Matabeleland 1893) to Tpr. P Matthysen (Victoria Column) 1 year 8 months ago #85005

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4517
Pussinboots,

This is down to slight differences in the name. There is another entry which related to him:

The name similarities/differences can be difficult to identify
Dr David Biggins
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pussinboots

BSAC medal (Matabeleland 1893) to Tpr. P Matthysen (Victoria Column) 1 year 8 months ago #85010

• Pussinboots
  • Pussinboots's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks for taking the time to respond. Much appreciated. The name difference is clear to see. Good info.
The following user(s) said Thank You: djb

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.544 seconds