Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

How to determine if these BSAP medals were actually issued? 6 years 2 months ago #57136

• rdarby
  • rdarby's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 119
I've never looked at the original roll, and not sure where to find them.

I am trying to determine if medals were actually issued to:
JP Borrius
F. Mandy
RG Nicholson

Anyone know if the rolls are online or if there is a researcher with access please?

Thanks for the help.
Ryan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rory

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How to determine if these BSAP medals were actually issued? 6 years 2 months ago #57137

• Rory
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2121
The rolls aren't on line Ryan which is a pain. Add to that there are (I think) two versions of the roll - the Owen roll and the Forsyth roll.

Neither of which I have unfortunately. I rely on the good graces of a few collecting friends who have these rolls to confirm an entitlement or otherwise.

Perhaps if David has them he can add them to this site?

Regards

Rory

How to determine if these BSAP medals were actually issued? 6 years 2 months ago #57138

• rdarby
Hi Rory

I’ve got the Owen one. I guess the question is, if it’s in Owen, does that mean it was issued?

I once had a PDF of the rolls. Let me try find it.

Cheers
Ryan

How to determine if these BSAP medals were actually issued? 6 years 2 months ago #57139

• LinneyI
  • Thank you received: 1527
Ryan
I don't know if this is of any help - however, I had a look for your chaps through both the Owen BSACM Roll and the CD of the compilation by Roberts Publications.
All three are shown on the Owen roll as being entitled to the 1890 medal (John Phillip BORRIUS, Frank MANDY and Richard NICHOLSON). However, the Roberts Publications does not show J.P.Borrius as actually having had the medal issued, nor does it show Lt. F.Mandy as having his medal issued. However, it does show Lt. R.G.Nicholson as having an 1890 medal issued.
I assume that these compilers at some time had access to the original rolls.
Regards
IL.
The following user(s) said Thank You: djb, rdarby

How to determine if these BSAP medals were actually issued? 6 years 2 months ago #57140

• rdarby
Thanks Ian. That is interesting. Maybe since it was issued well into the 1920's they never actually knew of it or bothered. Ryan

How to determine if these BSAP medals were actually issued? 6 years 2 months ago #57142

• LinneyI
  • Thank you received: 1527
Ryan
Apparently only about 88 Pioneer Column recipients had medals issued. I would think that your suggestion about being unaware would be the reason. Or, indeed, being deceased.
Regards
IL.

Time to create page: 0.747 seconds