Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

14240 TPR. R.M.B. NEEDHAM, 47th Coy, 13th IY. PoW Lindley 1 year 4 months ago #87339

• azyeoman
  • azyeoman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 296
QSA with CC, OFS, - 14240 TPR. R.M.B. NEEDHAM, 47th Coy, 13th IY. PoW Lindley. MID and DSO M.I.D. 23 June 1902. M.I.D. Gazetted 6 Dec 1916. Distinguished Service Order Gazetted 2 Jan 1918.

Roderick Macaulay Bernard Needham was born in Port of Spain, Trinidad on 28 Dec 1879 and first served with the 47th (Duke of Cambridge's Own) Company 13th Battalion Imperial Yeomanry. He was taken Prisoner of War on 31 May 1900 at Lindley and released on 5 Sep 1900 at Nooitgedacht, then commissioned 2nd Lieutenant into the 1st Battalion, Suffolk Regiment and promoted to Lieutenant with Bethune's Mounted Infantry, later Mentioned in Dispatches on 23 June 1902, when Colonel Bethune was made C.B. Before WWI Needham served as an officer with the West African Regiment, rejoining the Suffolk Regiment as a Captain during WWI and attached to the Royal West Surrey Regiment. Disembarking on 5 Nov 1914, Needham is further entitled to the 1914 Trio and Distinguished Service Order George V. Needham reached the rank of Lieutenant-Colonel before the end of WWI.

If you know the locations of his DSO and '14 Star Trio, please contact me as I'd like to reunite the group. Thank you.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.662 seconds