Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

james lyons 3 years 3 months ago #74387

LOOKING for james arthur lyons -Eastern Province - only local one; Horse Unit No 80 = Trooper (Rank)
from what I understand is he came from Canada. I found this information on this website.....now cant find anything.
Still new at it.... can someone help
Thanks so much
Carol Dunn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

james lyons 3 years 3 months ago #74389

• Rory
  • Thank you received: 2150
What in particular are you looking for Carol?

james lyons 3 years 3 months ago #74390

oh dear....I am a lost soul as is LYONS as I picked up all the information and also that there was only one group labelled EASTERN PROVINCE that I gathered did not return, and found this Arthur Lyons in amongst others.

His death notice quoted that he came from CANADA and that is the sum total of where exactly he came from in Canada!! just thought my search was getting somehwere as this name comes into my research with slaters, Rudmans and Moorcrofts that I am searching.

Thanks for responding
Carol dunn

james lyons 3 years 3 months ago #74391

• LinneyI
  • Thank you received: 1537
Carol
Like Rory, I am a little puzzled as to your request. I had a look on the nominal roll for the Eastern Province Horse and there is "80 James Arthur Lyons" with a notation that he served in the Orange River Colony Police and two District Mounted Troop units. Apparently he joined the EPH on 7/2/00 and transferred to the ORCP on 4/5/00. I had a look on the medal roll for the EPH (WO100/247 page eight) and he earned clasps Cape Colony and Orange Free State in that unit on his QSA.
No indication on the nominal roll or the medal roll to effect that he came from Canada. However, it certainly could have been the case. Many travelled far and wide in the old Empire.
There is no entry for a J (A) Lyons in the Palmer Casualty roll.
Regards
IL.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [email protected]

james lyons 3 years 3 months ago #74393

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
WO126 suggests a Cape farmer.

[email protected] wrote: LOOKING for james arthur lyons -Eastern Province - only local one; Horse Unit No 80 = Trooper (Rank)
from what I understand is he came from Canada. I found this information on this website.....now cant find anything.
Still new at it.... can someone help
Thanks so much
Carol Dunn

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [email protected]

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.528 seconds