Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Correspondent 9 years 10 months ago #20509

• kaigs
  • kaigs's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3
In the Maitland (OZ) Daily Mercury for 17th August 1900 there is a reference as follows. Mr.Ernest G Parslow Daily Chronicle was shot dead by Lieutenant Murchison at Mafeking. Murderer sentenced to penal servitude for life.
Please can someone ascertain what eventually happened to Murchison, where did he serve his sentence, did he continue in the army and whatever else can be discovered.Regards
Kaigs

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Correspondent 9 years 10 months ago #20511

• LinneyI
  • Thank you received: 1537
Kaigs
I am quoting from Colin Walker's "Mafeking Siege Register" (hope he does not mind!) and Murchison did not get the DofM clasp and after the siege he was sent to Parkhurst prison on the IofW. In 1902 he was admitted to Broadmoor Asylum until he died in 1917.
There is a lot more on Murchison in the Walker Register. I am very reluctant to breach copyright or otherwise prevent Mr. Walker from the revenue he richly deserves for his highly useful works. Perhaps you might try to pick up a copy.
Regards
IL.

Correspondent 9 years 10 months ago #20513

• kaigs
Thanks so much Linney, very quick and very informative. I have a database of all known British Military that died during the war so if I can be of help, please get in touch.
Regards
Kaigs

Correspondent 9 years 10 months ago #20514

• LinneyI
  • Thank you received: 1537
Kaigs
Thanks for the database offer. I have the SAFF/NFF of course and the Palmer opus as well. Trouble is that very infrequently they do not agree with each other! Another of our happy and helpful little band has access to a casualty register which has many otherwise unrecorded casualties therein.
By the way, welcome to the site. As a source of gen on the ABW, it is unsurpassed!
Regards
IL.

Correspondent 9 years 10 months ago #20516

• kaigs
I like to think that my database is more complete than any other that I have come across, particularly the where and when features which are about 95% complete; all info is taken from very reliable sources. Anyway your choice so feel free to give me a "bell" sometime if you get a tricky one.
Kaigs
The following user(s) said Thank You: LinneyI

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.423 seconds