• Page:

TOPIC:

was my great grand father entitled to medals 9 years 11 months ago #20416

• mactire
  • mactire's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 1
Greetings from Ireland. Im new on the forum and hope i am posting this in the right place.My great Grand Father served 12 years with the Royal Munster Fusiliers and i wanted to know which medals he would have been entitled too. Any help would be great he served 2 years in East India from 1898/1900. Next he went to South Africa for 158 days, 2/6/1902- 6/11/1902 and then he spent 2 years in Gibraltar.from 5/4/1904-6/3/1907 any help would be great

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

was my great grand father entitled to medals 9 years 11 months ago #20418

• rdarby
  • Thank you received: 119
Welcome!

It sounds like he had a long busy career.

All I can say is the cut off for the Boer War's medals was 31/5/1902 so he just missed out.

But getting his papers, if they still exist, is what is needed. I am sure someone more familiar with his unit will reply soon.

Ryan
The following user(s) said Thank You: mactire

was my great grand father entitled to medals 9 years 11 months ago #20420

• mactire
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Thanks for the reply Ryan its a pity he missed out, do you know any thing about the other dates

was my great grand father entitled to medals 9 years 11 months ago #20427

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Any medals are normally clearly shown in WO97 which is obviously where your information comes from, you could only receive a campaign medal for actual campaign service whilst in India and service on Gibraltar was merely garrision duty, what was his name?

mactire wrote: Greetings from Ireland. Im new on the forum and hope i am posting this in the right place.My great Grand Father served 12 years with the Royal Munster Fusiliers and i wanted to know which medals he would have been entitled too. Any help would be great he served 2 years in East India from 1898/1900. Next he went to South Africa for 158 days, 2/6/1902- 6/11/1902 and then he spent 2 years in Gibraltar.from 5/4/1904-6/3/1907 any help would be great

The following user(s) said Thank You: mactire

was my great grand father entitled to medals 9 years 11 months ago #20429

• mactire
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
His name was john Slattery he was born in 1882 in the militia barracks Ennis co clare, his service no is 6823. He was a drummer. His father Patrick was a trumpeter with the RMF and his brother Joseph was a RMF too. I'm just curious know if he had any medals, with 12 years service he must have had some kind of medal.

was my great grand father entitled to medals 9 years 11 months ago #20430

• mactire
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
His name was john Slattery he was born in 1882 in the militia barracks Ennis co clare, his service no is 6823. He was a drummer. His father Patrick was a trumpeter with the RMF and his brother Joseph was a RMF too.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.934 seconds