Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

George Sandel 7206 2nd Battalion Worcestershire Regiment 10 years 8 months ago #13553

• Broadway
  • Broadway's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
I am currently researching George Sandel (Sandals or Sandell). George was born in Broadway, was posted to South Africa with the 2nd Battalion before being invalided home on ss Dunora in January 1904. He enlised in October 1902 - his pension records are available on Ancestry.

He enlisted during the First World War with the 1/8th Battalion Worcesters before being discharged as medically unfit in October 1915. George sadly died in 1917 and is buried in St Eadburgha's churchyard, Broadway.

Any further information about George's army service gratefully received.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

George Sandel 7206 2nd Battalion Worcestershire Regiment 10 years 8 months ago #13560

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4541
Broadway,

As you have his pension records and there will be no service records, you could try:

- local newspapers
- Local archives
- Great War diaries held by the National Archives

Perhaps these might give you some more information.

Can anyone else offer further suggestions?

Kind regards
David
Dr David Biggins
The following user(s) said Thank You: Broadway

George Sandel 7206 2nd Battalion Worcestershire Regiment 10 years 10 hours ago #19684

• Stephen Sandel
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Hello,my name is Steve Sandel.My Great Grandfather was John Sandel,born in Broadway in about 1855.I have some information on the Sandel family and would be glad to share it with you if you would like to get in touch.
Regards Steve Sandel

George Sandel 7206 2nd Battalion Worcestershire Regiment 9 years 11 months ago #19693

• Broadway
  • Broadway's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Hi Stephen,

I have just sent you a private message with my contact details. I am researching George Sandel as he is commemorated on the Broadway War Memorial. I am writing a book about the memorial 'Broadway Remembers' and will be including a short biography about George. Some more information about my project can be found at www.warmem.broadwaymanor.co.uk

I look forward to hearing from you.

Debbie

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.404 seconds