• Page:

TOPIC:

Driscolls Scouts and Uitenhage Rifles 11 years 2 months ago #8302

• robocop
  • robocop's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
My great-grandfather served in these 2 units during the 2nd Boer War. I have certain Driscoll Scouts records about him, but what I would really like to obtain is his "signing on" or conscripton documents. A document which shows his DOB and other personal details. He was married at the time. Does any know where his military record would be stored, in S.A. or the UK. I have his Force number and full name.

Would appreciate any help. Many thanks
Rob Kimble

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Driscolls Scouts and Uitenhage Rifles 11 years 2 months ago #8303

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Good evening,
You might find his attestation sheet for Driscoll's Scouts in WO126/40-43 at the TNA Kew, good hunting.
Regards Frank

robocop wrote: My great-grandfather served in these 2 units during the 2nd Boer War. I have certain Driscoll Scouts records about him, but what I would really like to obtain is his "signing on" or conscripton documents. A document which shows his DOB and other personal details. He was married at the time. Does any know where his military record would be stored, in S.A. or the UK. I have his Force number and full name.

Would appreciate any help. Many thanks
Rob Kimble

Driscolls Scouts and Uitenhage Rifles 11 years 2 months ago #8364

• robocop
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Thanks for your reply, but no luck with the reference you gave me. Does anyone have any more ideas where attestation documents for either Uitenhage Rifles or Driscoll's Scouts could be located.
ROb

Driscolls Scouts and Uitenhage Rifles 11 years 2 months ago #8366

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Good evening,
When you say "no luck" are you saying you have actually been to Kew, looked in the box and the paper is not present? it was not an "idea" it is where I would expect to find that particular attestation paper, moreover, if it is not there, then it is unlikely to exist.
Regards Frank

robocop wrote: Thanks for your reply, but no luck with the reference you gave me. Does anyone have any more ideas where attestation documents for either Uitenhage Rifles or Driscoll's Scouts could be located.
ROb

Driscolls Scouts and Uitenhage Rifles 11 years 2 months ago #8367

• robocop
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Hi Frank
I meant I have had no luck finding that reference in TNA, I have spent hours searching for that roll on their site, but there appears to be no record of it. Are you able to send me a link that would direct me to the reference you gave me, if you can I would appreciate it.
THanks
Rob

Driscolls Scouts and Uitenhage Rifles 11 years 2 months ago #8368

• robocop
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Frank, don't bother, I have just found the record, but I will have to order, it's not available on line, Thanks for your help

Rob

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.451 seconds