TOPIC:

Help with finding Boer War records/info 11 years 3 months ago #7774

• wikitoria
  • wikitoria's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi

I am looking for information on two of my relatives and I was wondering if anyone could help me,

Rose, Edwin C.: b. 1873, [ S. African War,1901; settled in S. Africa. Rhodesian Mounted Rifles in Africa.

Rose, Wilfred Evelyn: b. 1871, Natal Scouts, S. African War.

Nominal roll of the Imperial Hospital Corps, a colonial unit of the Boer War of 1899-1902: Rose, Wilfred Evelyn - Orderly

Nominal roll of the Colonial Scouts, a colonial unit of the Boer War of 1899-1902:
Rose, Wilfred Evelyn - Tpr

Is there anyway to find out more about their service and/or accessing their records?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Help with finding Boer War records/info 11 years 3 months ago #7778

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Good afternoon and welcome,
I've had a very brief look at Wilfred as he served with a favourite unit and he appears to have joined the Colonial Scouts on the 2nd of December 1899, he was discharged on the 27th of March 1900, before joining the Imperial Hospital Corps on the 21st of April 1900.
You might find his Colonial Scouts attestation paper at the TNA Kew in WO126/30, his medal entitlement is shown in WO100/242 page 181 for the Colonial Scouts and in WO100/249 page 96 for his time in the Imperial Hospital Corps, this latter also confirms enlistment on 21st April 1900.
The nominal rolls you refer to in your post are in WO127.
Will have a look at Edwin and the rather interesting "RMR" as time permits, though, I can't see a likely candidate for him in WO100, or indeed, in any SAMIF unit.
Again welcome and good luck with your research,
Frank

wikitoria wrote: Hi

I am looking for information on two of my relatives and I was wondering if anyone could help me,

Rose, Edwin C.: b. 1873, [ S. African War,1901; settled in S. Africa. Rhodesian Mounted Rifles in Africa.

Rose, Wilfred Evelyn: b. 1871, Natal Scouts, S. African War.

Nominal roll of the Imperial Hospital Corps, a colonial unit of the Boer War of 1899-1902: Rose, Wilfred Evelyn - Orderly

Nominal roll of the Colonial Scouts, a colonial unit of the Boer War of 1899-1902:
Rose, Wilfred Evelyn - Tpr

Is there anyway to find out more about their service and/or accessing their records?

WO100/242 page 181, Natal clasp is crossed out, all though the total number on this page is shown as 18, there are 18 men, it is however, also shown on WO100/249 page 96.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.461 seconds