Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: William James Wickens 11 years 7 months ago #5688

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Hello Elaine,
What was his mothers name and what cencus information do you already have?
I looked at the period cenus records briefly and there did not appear to be an exact match in England and to be honest, there do not seem to be very many possibles either.
The problem is that its all a little vague, you could search surviving (and note I said surviving!) service papers in WO96 and WO97 using a year of birth and fathers name for cross reference, but you would be making the unwise assumption that he gave his father as his next of kin and that he was also serving in the British Army, there are a small number that are not available on line too.
The medal rolls in WO100 don't give the information you need and then of course he might not have been in the British Army.
If that was the case and if you had reason to believe he was serving in the SAMIF, moreover, you had enough background family information i.e. the names of all immediate family members, you could then search WO126 in the hope of finding a match, but, this latter would be both very time consuming and expensive as it is not available on line.
Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: William James Wickens 11 years 7 months ago #5706

• pepperpot
  • pepperpot's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you for your reply. I really do not any more information. It was just a hope that I could find him. He seems to be more elusive than I thought he would be. But once agian thanks.
Elaine

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.354 seconds