Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Lincolnshire Regiment pows taken by Boers @ Ziiikat's Nek, 11 July 1900 1 year 7 months ago #85513

• NilocNamrac
  • NilocNamrac's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Dave;
WOW!! This was amazing! Thank you so much this was more than I could have dared to dream of as a result of my initial query. To see his actual Army sign up papers was fantastic. I can't thank you enough. It does however present a bit of a poser as he names his father William and mother Elizabeth as his n.o.k.but they were, in fact, his grandparents!
His Uncle Benjamin in the 1901 census was the 2nd son & 6th child of William & Elizabeth Parker!
I guess that I'll need to request his birth & marriage certificates to confirm exactly who his parents actually were. I feel he may be the result of a son or more probable daughters unmarried tryst!
Is there any way you could allow me to download his attestation papers to put in my tree?
Thanks once again.
I remain, yours sincerely
Colin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave F

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Lincolnshire Regiment pows taken by Boers @ Ziiikat's Nek, 11 July 1900 1 year 7 months ago #85516

• Dave F
  • Thank you received: 1175
Hi Colin
Happy to help. I have private messaged you ref Roberts attestation papers.
I think it prudent to apply for his birth/ marriage certificate. It may provide a mother or father? An unmarried tryst is very possible, I noticed in the 1881 census, Robert is listed as a grandson along with Lucy A, granddaughter. Looking at the family tree in 1881 there are 3 female unmarried contenders, Mary, Eliza and a Fanny Otter? However it may turn out to be John R Parker an unmarried Stone Mason......could Robert have followed his Father or Uncle into the masononry trade ? Please keep the forum posted on your findings.
Best wishes,
Dave......

Ps.....I have attached Robert's medal rolls for your records. I couldn't find a KSA roll but he was entitled to both date clasps, not sure if his medals are with the family but his papers recorded QSA and a KSA.

QSA roll

Date bar entitlement.
You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
Best regards,
Dave
Attachments:

Lincolnshire Regiment pows taken by Boers @ Ziiikat's Nek, 11 July 1900 1 year 7 months ago #85519

• LinneyI
  • Thank you received: 1537
Colin
Apologies about my slip-up! I was researching a "Palmer" and the paper notes got mixed up. Thanks to Mike and DaveF for clearing that up.
Regards
IL.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 1.044 seconds