Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

John Karran Maltby Kerruish & F. Kerruish, Isle of Man 1 year 7 months ago #85046

Thank you very much for that message. Yes I did enjoy the show although walking about in the heat tired me out quickly, it's no fun getting old. The name Ballelin (usual modern spelling) was enough to give me a pointer to a tree drawn up about 59-60 years ago by a Lady named Constance Radcliff. Examining her Ballelin Tree we find only one name beginning with F that is Frederick born 1874 to William Kerruish and Margaret Kewley (of Gretch Veg, Lonan) this William was the son of William son of William son of Ewan son of William son of Robert (1661-1719) son of Robert son of William d.1653. Constance Radcliff drew up trees for all the different Kerruish families, sadly they are mostly out of date and I do not feel up to revising them. The name Kerruish is derived patronymically and according to John Creer of the Manx DNA Project is not formed anywhere else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

John Karran Maltby Kerruish & F. Kerruish, Isle of Man 1 year 7 months ago #85047

• Dave F
  • Thank you received: 1165
With regard to a Robert Varley having served in the Boer War and originating from the Isle of Man? I have enclosed a few contenders.
No direct correlation pertaining to the IoM on 1st trawl through the archives. However, further research by the IoM Family History Society may reveal some connection.

Note. W R Varley served in CCF Company Cape Medical Staff and Prince Alfred's Own Cape Artillery.............but was he a Manx man?
Good luck with your research

Dave........
You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
Best regards,
Dave
The following user(s) said Thank You: BereniceUK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 1.310 seconds