• Page:

TOPIC:

Thomas Reece Wilson DOB: 15/05/1879 11th Company 3 years 11 months ago #69170

• JPD67
  • JPD67's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
My Great grandfather, Thomas Reece Wilson, joined the Imperial Yeomanry at Doncaster in 1901. He was discharged at Green Point Camp, Cape Town on 05/08/1902. He appears to have stayed on and showed his intended residence as the Special Police in Cradock. He fought in the 1906 rebellion. He married Eleanor Elizabeth Knott in Durban on 19/07/1913. They had a son Edward Alfred Wilson born 02/04/1912 in Durban. They travelled to the UK on the SS Rosscommon in 1915 and had a daughter Agnes Dorothy Wilson on 02/04/1915. He immediately joined the Royal Engineers and went off to France for WW1. In 1919 I have found documentation about the family being repatriated to South Africa, specifically Johannesburg. It seems that he may have stayed in the UK but his wife and children returned to South Africa. Agnes Dorothy appears to have married in South Africa and become Van Rooyen. I cant find anything about Eleanor or Edward. Any help or suggestions about what I can find out from South Africa about details after the war would be gratefully received.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.723 seconds