• Page:

TOPIC:

Private C E Lee princess victorias 5 years 11 months ago #58484

• Celee
  • Celee's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello All, i found a listing for C E Lee which is my great grandfather who served in the royal irish fusiliers , princess victorias 2nd battalion in the boer war. I was wondering if there is more information on his service record as i was only able to just view this information and not really able to gather any addition information from his name on this site. Can you help or direct me to the next step?

Thanks

David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Private C E Lee princess victorias 5 years 11 months ago #58485

• LinneyI
  • Thank you received: 1537
David
Firstly, welcome to the site. You may find much of interest here as you navigate your way through it.
I had a quick trawl through the QSA medal roll for the 2/RIF and there is an entry for "3030 Pte. C.E.Lee". I take it that he is your GGF? The roll page (143 of WO 100/205) shows the initial "C" corrected to "C.E." as a matter of interest. If that is your man, his QSA medal bore the clasps "Cape Colony", Transvaal", "Tugela Heights" and "Relief of Ladysmith". A digest of the activities of the 2/RIF in South Africa can be found in the "units" area of this site.
It is quite possible that more information of a biographical nature might be found on one of the commercial sites. Others may be able to assist you in that regard.
Good luck with your quest
IL.
The following user(s) said Thank You: djb

Private C E Lee princess victorias 5 years 11 months ago #58487

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4517
David,

I looked for service papers for C E Lee and unfortunately did not find any.

The information IL mentioned gives information of the RIF in South Africa: www.angloboerwar.com/unit-information/im...oyal-irish-fusiliers

Kind regards
David
Dr David Biggins

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.441 seconds