• Page:

TOPIC:

Louw Family 8 years 5 months ago #44337

• PCLOUW
  • PCLOUW's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
I am looking for all and any info regarding the involvement of the Louw family of the Western Transvaal in the Boer War. Spesifically JJC Louw and WP Louw. Which commando did they join and which battles did they take part in.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Louw Family 8 years 5 months ago #44348

• Henk Loots
  • Thank you received: 443
Hi
None of the two Louws mentioned successfully applied for an ABO medal. That means the most valuable data source on the Boer side (the medal application forms) can not be consulted.
On the PoW register there is only one JJC Louw : Jacobus Johannes Christoffel who was 22 when he was captured in Dec 1901 .However, he was a Free Stater, giving his address as Pisberg, District Bloemfontein
Willem Petrus Louw of Rietvlei, District Wolmaranstad was 22 when he was taken PoW on 8 Feb 1902 at Rhenoster River. He was sent to India on 6 March 1902. This is probably your relative.
Henk

Louw Family 8 years 5 months ago #44349

• PCLOUW
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Henk

Thanks for the reply. (I like the name...Pisberg!)

My info is as follows:

Johannes Jacobus Cornelius, not Christoffel, Louw from the farm Rietvlei in Leeudoringstad. He was a member of the veterans organization and the details at the ABO Museum in Bloem shows that he served under Kmdt Potgieter. The same goes for JJ Louw (Jacobus Johannes) also from the same farm Rietvlei. His last officer is also recorded as Potgieter.

Louw Family 8 years 5 months ago #44350

• PCLOUW
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Henk

Can you perhaps pick up anything for Simon Riekert from Standerton/Morgenzon commando?

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.504 seconds