Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Major General Sir Edward Ritchie Coryton Graham 8 years 7 months ago #43348

• Will M
  • Will M's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 4
Hello I am looking so far without success for a picture of Sir Edward Ritchie Coryton Graham. I recently acquired his 1895p infantry officers sword and wish to add his image and any history I can find about him.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Major General Sir Edward Ritchie Coryton Graham 8 years 7 months ago #43349

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Given who this man was, I would talk to both the Cheshire Regiment museum and the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst.

Major General Sir Edward Ritchie Coryton Graham 8 years 7 months ago #43353

• pjac49
  • Thank you received: 32
Will,

I've just seen that you've found the thread about him on Great War Forum. I contributed to this a photo of his home service helmet , which I own, and photos of a typewritten record of his military service which came with the helmet. I'm afraid I have nothing else.

If other members are interested one of the photos is of the page which covers his ABW service.

I don't seem to be able to copy a link, but Google his name and it will come up in ' 1914-1918invisionzone.com '

Patrick

Major General Sir Edward Ritchie Coryton Graham 8 years 7 months ago #43354

• pjac49
  • Thank you received: 32
Just added the photos referred to in my post above

Patrick

Major General Sir Edward Ritchie Coryton Graham 8 years 7 months ago #43356

• Will M
  • Will M's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 4
Thanks Patrick, I must get this great overview and bits of other info printed so I'm not jumping from site to site. I have found a letter written by him but the price is high to acquire it. From the listing:Autograph letter signed to 'My dear Graham', Col. Edward Ritchie Coryton Graham, b. 1858, Assistant Adjutant General in South Africa, saying he was delighted "to be able to do a good turn to an old friend, Bigge told me he had received the Queen's commands to write to you", he expects "most of the troops at the front have been indebted to you and your staff for what you have sent up ... I hope that the end of next week may see Kruger safely 'in the cart' ... the news from China diversifies our anxiety ... I have been able to run down here for Sunday, owing to the Khedive being too ill to land" in the Thames, complaints about the war have diminished "since Roberts' successes began", but "calling up Reservists, Royal Reservists, and embodiments of Militia" means "our Barracks are full to overcrowding", sending "some thousands of men on furlough. We have not got to the bottom of the British Army yet!"

Major General Sir Edward Ritchie Coryton Graham 8 years 3 months ago #45030

• devonmeg
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello to you experts out there. I live in Thornbury Devon where Major General Graham lived and died. My house is next door but one to where he lived. We have a stained glass window in his honour in the church erected by his son, and his safe return from WWI is noted on our War Memorial. I want to write a short piece about him as I am the editor of our village magazine and I wondered if you people who are clearly very knowledgeable about him could give me any information. If you would like any photographs of the window or the war memorial then please get in touch. With thanks.

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.431 seconds