Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Samuel Moore- Kaffrarian Rifles and Commander in Chief's Bodyguard 12 years 6 months ago #1213

• Colin McKay
  • Colin McKay's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
F.A.O. Of Willie Moore ( who posted a comment on 21st January 2011 re. Samuel Moore ) and also anyone who may have info on Samuel and the above units he served in.

Willie- I am related to you ! Samuel would have been my grandfather's uncle. My grandfather ( also Willie Moore ) was born Newarthill, Lanarkshire, Scotland 1910. Samuel, as you probably know, was born in Belfast in 1872, moved to Scotland, where he worked as a coalminer ( 1891 Scottish census ) and then, obviously, on to Southern Africa, where according to my mother's cousin from Adelaide, Australia he died in Springs near Johannesburg c. 1923 ? I have just started researching Samuel and the Boer War connection and hope to get enough info for an article to publish. If you, or anyone else out there has any info at all ( including general info on the above units / uniform details etc. it would be much appreciated ). Should you wish to contact me directly my email is
[email protected]

Much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Colin McKay

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.307 seconds