Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Farrier Sergeant Jesse Louis Rowe Imperial Yoemanry No. 35480 1 year 9 months ago #84149

• pretoja
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Greetings to everyone in this forum. What a delight when I started to do some searching of my family name ROWE and ended up here and found so much information about my great grandfather. Thank you to everyone that has so generally shared information and pictures about him. I was able to learn a lot about my family history and about my great grandfather in a short space of time. With regards to the history I think there is a few points that need to be verified as correct. Im not sure how you are related to him, but we can work together should you be interested. On the last discussion regarding the training camp, I agree that it must have been for my grandfather (son of Jesse Louis Rowe) as he would have been 19 years old in 1938 (born 1919). I can add that the name Jesse Louise Rowe has been handed down in the family to my father, my brother and his son.

My grandfather also used to work in the mines, he was only 2 years old when my great grandfather passed away. I can confirm that the picture of my great grand father on the horse is definitely him, as my aunt has exactly the same picture of him.

I would be grateful for any more information you can share.

best regards to all,
Janine Rowe (currently Pretorius)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.466 seconds