Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Farrier Sergeant Jesse Louis Rowe Imperial Yoemanry No. 35480 9 years 5 months ago #23428

• Katherine Mocke
  • Katherine Mocke's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Jesse Louis Rowe is my grandfather. He was born about 1863 and die 1921. As I am researching my family tree I need to find his family information before he came to South Africa and also what he did on discharge from the war. He stayed in SA and married my grandmother. That's all I know. Can someone tell me how, where to get info about his ancestors. Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Farrier Sergeant Jesse Louis Rowe Imperial Yoemanry No. 35480 9 years 5 months ago #23429

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
If I were you I would start with any surviving service papers in WO128 at Kew, his next of kin should be shown with the address and then using the RG series of census records, simply work your way back in time.

Katherine Mocke wrote: Jesse Louis Rowe is my grandfather. He was born about 1863 and die 1921. As I am researching my family tree I need to find his family information before he came to South Africa and also what he did on discharge from the war. He stayed in SA and married my grandmother. That's all I know. Can someone tell me how, where to get info about his ancestors. Many thanks.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Katherine Mocke

Farrier Sergeant Jesse Louis Rowe Imperial Yoemanry No. 35480 9 years 4 months ago #23978

• Katherine Mocke
  • Katherine Mocke's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks again, found Jesse/s service papers papers, found his mother and then the hits arrived. Rowe's family coming out every where.

Farrier Sergeant Jesse Louis Rowe Imperial Yoemanry No. 35480 9 years 4 months ago #23988

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Good, I'm pleased for you, it's not too difficult really once you get that initial first piece of information.

Farrier Sergeant Jesse Louis Rowe Imperial Yoemanry No. 35480 8 years 11 months ago #40750

• Neville_C
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1991

Farrier Sergeant Jesse Louis Rowe's water bottle
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: djb

Farrier Sergeant Jesse Louis Rowe Imperial Yoemanry No. 35480 2 years 1 month ago #82254

• Mr Mouse
  • Thank you received: 15
Where is this water bottle from....does anyone know whether its in a museum, or whether its in a personal collection?

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.510 seconds