Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Looking for information on a soldier 9 years 10 months ago #20843

• 23pairer
  • 23pairer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Good day to all. I am new to this site, joining because of a recent acquisition, and requiring help on a subject I know little of. I purchased a pocket watch, circa 1895. The watch has an inscription on the cuvette indicates that it was given to a Sergt, C. Dunn, R.S.F, Johannesburg, 1901. I have found some information on this soldier, but am interested in more. My question is, will this site have records or listings to help?
Thank you in advance
Bob
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Looking for information on a soldier 9 years 10 months ago #20846

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Good afternoon,
Welcome to this forum, Charles Dunn, a 22 year old miner from Newcastle joined the Royal Scots Fusiliers at Ayr in 1887, an interesting man, he was mentioned by Lord Roberts in his published dispatch in September 1901, attached to the Transvaal Volunteers in October 1902, his service papers and some unusual memoranda have survived in WO97 at Kew.
Again welcome here,
Kind regards Frank Kelley

23pairer wrote: Good day to all. I am new to this site, joining because of a recent acquisition, and requiring help on a subject I know little of. I purchased a pocket watch, circa 1895. The watch has an inscription on the cuvette indicates that it was given to a Sergt, C. Dunn, R.S.F, Johannesburg, 1901. I have found some information on this soldier, but am interested in more. My question is, will this site have records or listings to help?
Thank you in advance
Bob

The following user(s) said Thank You: 23pairer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.310 seconds