Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Opinions Appreciated 10 years 1 month ago #19103

• QSAMIKE
  • Thank you received: 1883
Good Morning Everyone.....

Have been reading this thread with interest and would like to put in my 2 cents worth......

I have several medals that have been officially renamed and in all cases there is no trace of the previous name.....

The main cases is a man who had problems with the QSA issued to him complained, he was told to send the incorrect medal back but he did not.....

When they sent him the corrected QSA it was a renamed medal as the edge was thin and sharp the and size N/S was different from E/W.....

It seems that he kept both medals which I have, both styles of naming is correct and the same.....

Mike
Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Opinions Appreciated 10 years 1 month ago #19135

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Hello Des,
Thanks for the message, with medals to the Irish Brigade, I would just look at the two London salerooms and the larger provincial dealers if I were you, they are not rare in particular, but they are desirable these days.
People often attach a very special significance to the Irish regiments that perhaps they don't really deserve.
Being ordered into, by a complete numpty, then getting shot to bits in the "loop" was not a great thing to be doing, but, the fact is that the mere names Dublin and Connaught will always appeal to a great many collectors, I actually quite like the Inniskilling's myself, but, then they were not disbanded upon the formation of the free state.
Because the Dublin's were present at Talana, their medals are more sought after, they appeal to both a specimen collector who just wants the clasp in his collection, the Irish collector (and there are a lot of them!) the Talana collector and last, but, certainly not least, the regimental collector i.e. yourself!
Kind regards Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.329 seconds