Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

QSA/KSA Natal Carbineers/Voluntary Composite Regiment 10 years 1 month ago #18526

• Rory
  • Rory's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2158
I had a successful go at, what I think, is a nice QSA/KSA pair to a chap who died of Enteric at Dundee in early 1902.

Lewis Dole Walsh was no. 898 and a Corporal with the Natal Carbineers and was awarded the QSA with clasps Transvaal, Tugela Heights, Relief of Ladysmith and Laings Nek. His KSA was to 351 Ord. Room Serjt. and has the standard two date clasps.

My question relates to the VCR side of things - very little seems to have been written about their exploits and I was wondering if any Forum members have any particulars of what they got up to; with or without specific reference to my chap.

Regards

Rory

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

QSA/KSA Natal Carbineers/Voluntary Composite Regiment 10 years 1 month ago #18528

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4541
Rory,

There is some basic information on this page: www.angloboerwar.com/unit-information/so...r-composite-regiment

He is listed on page 2 of the nominal roll where it stated he joined the VCR 1 Oct 1900 and served until 16 Jan 02 when he died of disease.

If you find more about the VCR, I would love to expand this page.

Best wishes
David
Dr David Biggins

QSA/KSA Natal Carbineers/Voluntary Composite Regiment 10 years 1 month ago #18531

• Brett Hendey
  • Thank you received: 740
Rory

The following paper was written by Mark Coglan:
'From the very beginning to the very end', Natalia 34 (2004).

It should answer some of your questions about the VCR and its activities.

Regards
Brett

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.392 seconds