Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

QSA medals what does (8) stand for on the medal roll info 10 years 6 months ago #14709

• holden
  • holden's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello again Frank,and SWB
Ive looked at the rivets and it seems to have been re riveted between the Orange Free State bar and the Johannesburg bar this has been done by a jeweller its a very professional job and done a long time ago the heads are slightly more domed and fractionally bigger overall..the medal was inside an Edwardian wall clock i bought years ago along with a Kings South Africa which I still have to a chap 5028 pte s taylor K.R.R.C.Ive only took a look at them today to put a new ribbon on the QSA and i thought id do some reaserch...Im very thankful for your assistance.
Bill.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

QSA medals what does (8) stand for on the medal roll info 10 years 6 months ago #14710

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Hello Bill,
That is a great shame, but, you could get hold of a Relief of Ladysmith clasp and restore it to almost how it once would have been, its up to you really, I tend to avoid doing this sort of thing, however, medals to the chambermaids are nice as they fought on both fronts during the war.
Again , sorry, I can count up to ten, honest! :oops:
Kind regards Frank
The following user(s) said Thank You: holden

QSA medals what does (8) stand for on the medal roll info 10 years 6 months ago #14871

• holden
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Hi Frank,
I agree its not something id do i dont fiddle with things but id like to get the two missing bars..as you say originals where possible but i cant seem to find any on ebay apart from copies im not going down that route now..if you know anyone who may have a 1901 and a Relife Of Ladysmith id love to buy them.
Kind reards,
Bill.

QSA medals what does (8) stand for on the medal roll info 10 years 6 months ago #14878

• Frank Kelley
Hello Bill,
These are not rare clasps, I think I would, if I were you, have a look at a directry of medal dealers here, you can take a look at Token Publishings Medal News site, they should show a fair number of them and then just phone them up until you find what you are looking for.
Regards Frank

holden wrote: Hi Frank,
I agree its not something id do i dont fiddle with things but id like to get the two missing bars..as you say originals where possible but i cant seem to find any on ebay apart from copies im not going down that route now..if you know anyone who may have a 1901 and a Relife Of Ladysmith id love to buy them.
Kind reards,
Bill.

The following user(s) said Thank You: holden

QSA medals what does (8) stand for on the medal roll info 10 years 5 months ago #15949

• holden
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Just to say thanks to yourself and other members whove helped me tremendously with this medal.
Ive managed to get the two missing bars 1901 and R of L from Chris Dixon medals..im delighted.
Kind regards to all.
Bill.

QSA medals what does (8) stand for on the medal roll info 10 years 5 months ago #15950

• Frank Kelley
Hello Bill,
Glad you managed to get them, I thought that they would turn up in due course, neither are rare, but, getting hold of them is becoming harder these days.
I'm pleased for you, kind regards again
Frank Kelley

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.838 seconds