Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

A Yorkshire Regiment QSA 11 years 2 months ago #8250

• Brett Hendey
  • Brett Hendey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 740
Justin & Mike

Thank you for your replies. It does seem that the erasures on Thompson's medal were very focussed, so perhaps they were errors that offended him.

Regards
Brett

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

A Yorkshire Regiment QSA 11 years 2 months ago #8263

• LinneyI
  • Thank you received: 1541
Gentlemen
Sometimes the lads had real problems with officialdom and the naming or title on their medals. This has nothing to do with the Yorkshire Regt; however it illustrates the frustration of a certain recipient:
A rather nice RN group; E/W Africa Bar "Benin 1897" , QSA no Bar (both to H.M.S "Philomel") and a WW1 trio all to Stoker T.G.LLOYD - and on every medal save the BWM, the title "stoker" has been quite crudely filed off. Someone was clearly upset! Of course, the erasure does not lessen my interest in the group.
Regards
IL.

A Yorkshire Regiment QSA 11 years 2 months ago #8268

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Stoker LOL, not the best job perhaps, but a very important one, all that coal dust, not for me, coaling could take up a full day, filling a ships bunkers, hard and very dirty work, a good group of medals too!

LinneyI wrote: Gentlemen
Sometimes the lads had real problems with officialdom and the naming or title on their medals. This has nothing to do with the Yorkshire Regt; however it illustrates the frustration of a certain recipient:
A rather nice RN group; E/W Africa Bar "Benin 1897" , QSA no Bar (both to H.M.S "Philomel") and a WW1 trio all to Stoker T.G.LLOYD - and on every medal save the BWM, the title "stoker" has been quite crudely filed off. Someone was clearly upset! Of course, the erasure does not lessen my interest in the group.
Regards
IL.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.762 seconds