Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Imperial Yeomanry medals 11 years 2 months ago #7808

• coldstream
  • coldstream's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 214
I have a question to ask about QSA's issued to the Imperial Yeomanry please.
While looking at dealers websites I have noted that a QSA to the Imperial Yeomanry is always priced higher than that of for example an Infantry unit, even though the IY has state bars as opposed the battle bars.
Is this just a case that the IY QSA's were issued in a lower quantity than other units or do the IY have more collectable value?
In theory I might have answered my own question because I only have one IY qsa in my collection.
Any thoughts?

Regards
Paul :)
"From a billow of the rolling veldt we looked back, and black columns were coming up behind us."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Imperial Yeomanry medals 11 years 2 months ago #7809

• Henk Loots
  • Thank you received: 443
Hi Paul

I speculate that part of the price premium is due to the fact that Attestation Papers for the IY are generally available

Henk

Re: Imperial Yeomanry medals 11 years 2 months ago #7810

• QSAMIKE
  • Thank you received: 1879
Good Morning Paul.....

To tell the truth I have no idea..... For a long time they were a lot cheaper (in most cases)than regimental issued QSA's..... I know a few people who are now collecting just IY and trying to get one from every unit..... Maybe because there is this interest the dealers have up their prices..... Yes there were fewer issued to IY than to regimentals maybe it is because there are more people chasing after a deminishing quantities as a whole......

Maybe some of us should dump our collections on the market and buy a tropical island after all with the temperature here at Minus 22 C with a wind chill of Minus 35 C.....

Mike
Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591

Re: Imperial Yeomanry medals 11 years 2 months ago #7811

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Hello Paul,
All comes down to unit and clasp combination, some units are held in very high regard, Lord Lovat and his scouts for example, moreover,if you don't have a Rhodesia clasp, then the IY might be the way to go, though, I would in that situation, buy one to a kiwi, perhaps a nice New Zealand Rough Rider! :woohoo:
Trends come and go, consider your options and why you are thinking of buying a particular medal and have a good look around before parting with your cash.
It is always nice to know in advance what you are buying, so no unpleasant surprises later.
Regards Frank

Re: Imperial Yeomanry medals 11 years 2 months ago #7812

• coldstream
Hello Henk,
Yes that is a good point, IY papers are now available on Find My Past.
Thank you for your reply.

OSAKSA wrote: Hi Paul

I speculate that part of the price premium is due to the fact that Attestation Papers for the IY are generally available

Henk

"From a billow of the rolling veldt we looked back, and black columns were coming up behind us."

Re: Imperial Yeomanry medals 11 years 2 months ago #7813

• coldstream
Hello Mike,
Thank you for your observations and comments.
Sorry it is a little chilly there, is quite tropical here today around 7 degrees and blue sky!
Keep warm.

QSAMIKE wrote: Good Morning Paul.....

To tell the truth I have no idea..... For a long time they were a lot cheaper (in most cases)than regimental issued QSA's..... I know a few people who are now collecting just IY and trying to get one from every unit..... Maybe because there is this interest the dealers have up their prices..... Yes there were fewer issued to IY than to regimentals maybe it is because there are more people chasing after a deminishing quantities as a whole......

Maybe some of us should dump our collections on the market and buy a tropical island after all with the temperature here at Minus 22 C with a wind chill of Minus 35 C.....

Mike

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.456 seconds