Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

4002 GEORGE CHARLES DARBY and how to tell genuine from fake QSA/KSA 11 years 7 months ago #5596

• Pudsy
  • Pudsy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi everyone!
I am looking for genuine QSA and KSA medals as my husband's Christmas present, as he has wanted these for a while for his collection. My first question is: how do I find out if "4002 GEORGE CHARLES DARBY OF THE NORTHUMBERLAND FUSILLERS" has genuinely been awarded these medals (I have found one seller claiming that they have these medals to sell!). My next question is, how do I tell the real from the fake?
A quick response to this would be much appreciated, as if the medals that I have found are real, I would like to get them before someone else does!
Thanks!

p.s. If these turn out to be fake, where could I find these medals?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: 4002 GEORGE CHARLES DARBY and how to tell genuine from fake QSA/KSA 11 years 7 months ago #5597

• coldstream
  • Thank you received: 214
Hi Pudsy,
And a warm welcome to the forum.
A quick google search for this name brought these results:
Sold at Peter Francis Auctioneers 29 May 2012
You could contact the autioneers for more information.
Most reputable auction houses dealers would only sell genuine medal unless otherwise stated.

Hope this helps
Paul :)

Pudsy wrote: Hi everyone!
I am looking for genuine QSA and KSA medals as my husband's Christmas present, as he has wanted these for a while for his collection. My first question is: how do I find out if "4002 GEORGE CHARLES DARBY OF THE NORTHUMBERLAND FUSILLERS" has genuinely been awarded these medals (I have found one seller claiming that they have these medals to sell!). My next question is, how do I tell the real from the fake?
A quick response to this would be much appreciated, as if the medals that I have found are real, I would like to get them before someone else does!
Thanks!

"From a billow of the rolling veldt we looked back, and black columns were coming up behind us."

Re: 4002 GEORGE CHARLES DARBY and how to tell genuine from fake QSA/KSA 11 years 7 months ago #5598

• coldstream
Hello again,
A search on Find My Past has 4 pages of service papers for 4002 G.C.Darby N.F.
It shows entitlement to QSA medal with clasps Cape Colony, Orange Free State and Transvaal,it only shows entitlement to the KSA with the standard 2 date clasps.

Regards

coldstream wrote: Hi Pudsy,
And a warm welcome to the forum.
A quick google search for this name brought these results:
Sold at Peter Francis Auctioneers 29 May 2012
You could contact the autioneers for more information.
Most reputable auction houses dealers would only sell genuine medal unless otherwise stated.

Hope this helps

Pudsy wrote: Hi everyone!
Thanks!

"From a billow of the rolling veldt we looked back, and black columns were coming up behind us."

Re: 4002 GEORGE CHARLES DARBY and how to tell genuine from fake QSA/KSA 11 years 7 months ago #5599

• Pudsy
  • Pudsy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Paul,

That's brilliant! Thank you! This matches that description exactly!

Re: 4002 GEORGE CHARLES DARBY and how to tell genuine from fake QSA/KSA 11 years 7 months ago #5604

• coldstream
Hi Pudsey,

No problem, glad to help.
Make sure you post a picture of them on the forum when received.

Pudsy wrote: Hi Paul,

That's brilliant! Thank you! This matches that description exactly!

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.409 seconds