Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Edward Francis Moore - information sought please! 2 months 4 days ago #94316

• LinneyI
  • Thank you received: 1541
Rob D
An eyeball check of Buxton FID roll did not throw up any E. Moore or anything similar. Attached is a cut from Buxton's summary of KSAs awarded to the FID where there was previous service in another unit.

Not much there as I said earlier.
For a possibly better timeline of E. Moore's service, you might check the roll for the Jo'berg Mounted Police to see if there are any marginal notes about his length of service.
IL.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: djb, Rob D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Edward Francis Moore - information sought please! 2 months 3 days ago #94317

• Smethwick
  • Thank you received: 824
An Edward F Moore living in Exmouth can be found on the (31st March) 1901 Census, his age is given as 32. This means he was born between April 1868 and March 1869 which fits with him being 27 at the time of the Jameson Raid.

I would not mention him except that the occupation of his 72 year old father is given as “Col in Army. Retired Cavalry Off.”. His father was born in Ireland, his eldest (38) sister in India, his youngest (35) sister in Colchester and 32 year old Edward in Ottawa, Canada.

No occupation is given for Edward. They have two servants.

The family can also be found on the 1871 Census for Canada, living in Ottawa and his father’s occupation was given as “Staff Major”.

His QSA clasps indicate he was involved in the ABW from the start so he could still have qualified for the KSA even though he was in England for the 1901 Census and obviously assuming he subsequently returned to South Africa before the end of the conflict.
The following user(s) said Thank You: djb, Rob D

Edward Francis Moore - information sought please! 2 months 2 days ago #94330

• Rob D
  • Rob D's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 768
Thanks to you all - I was able to put something useful together, and the 99 yr old daughter of Trooper Edward Moore is delighted.
Rob
The past is not dead. In fact, it's not even past.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 1.053 seconds