Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

3650 Tpr. S.V. Meadows Kitchener's Horse 4 years 6 months ago #65797

• jim51
  • jim51's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 104
A new acquisition, a QSA to3650 Tpr Sydney Valentine Meadows, Kitchener's Horse, ( RoK, Paard, Drief, Joh, Dia Hill) . The fact that sealed the purchase is that he was from Victoria, Australia.
The clasps are verified from the Kitchener's Horse medal roll and it appears that he was pow and released at Karee Siding on 27 Apr 1900. He also had service in the D.E.O.V.R.
I can only assume that he was working in South Africa when the conflict broke out.

No other info at present.

Cheers,

Jim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3650 Tpr. S.V. Meadows Kitchener's Horse 4 years 6 months ago #65799

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
That sounds like a really good buy, medals to founder members of Kitchener's Horse only seldom turn up.

jim51 wrote: A new acquisition, a QSA to3650 Tpr Sydney Valentine Meadows, Kitchener's Horse, ( RoK, Paard, Drief, Joh, Dia Hill) . The fact that sealed the purchase is that he was from Victoria, Australia.
The clasps are verified from the Kitchener's Horse medal roll and it appears that he was pow and released at Karee Siding on 27 Apr 1900. He also had service in the D.E.O.V.R.
I can only assume that he was working in South Africa when the conflict broke out.

No other info at present.

Cheers,

Jim

3650 Tpr. S.V. Meadows Kitchener's Horse 4 years 6 months ago #65802

• djb
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4500
A very niece medal, Jim.

I have the attestation papers for Kitchener's Horse only to L. I do have the full DoEVR papers but his is not present sadly.
Dr David Biggins

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.332 seconds