Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

A Carbineer wounded at Long Valley/End Hill - S.E. Waugh 2 years 10 months ago #76343

• goose
  • Thank you received: 30
I have been following this story for a while now and thought to add the following:
This particular medal (the one Rory researched) was in my collection in around 2018 and as far as I am concerned it is original, correctly named and has no alterations to even arouse any suspicions of being fake. Secondly I perused my records and made a startling discovery - the photographs used on BOB when I bought the medal and those recently on Ebay were exactly the same photographs which in my mind raised questions on the validity of the "other" medal and some others I will not document here. Why would one use 3 year old photos of a medal that has already been sold a long time ago. Furthermore, has anyone actually seen the "other" medal and made a proper determination on its properties. As far as I can tell, the only evidence that this medal exists seems to be the photographs I have seen unless the previous buyer has actually seen the medal. It would also be forthright if the actual owner of the recently sold medal (not sure if it is the same person I bought it from or not) comes forward and clears up the issue. Goose
The following user(s) said Thank You: azyeoman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.598 seconds