• Page:

TOPIC:

QSA (0) issued to JT Trent 5 years 10 months ago #59123

• Bean
  • Bean's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 2
Awhile back I saw that my great uncles medals were up for sale. Whether they were actually bought by someone is unknown to me. At the time I was not sure if this was indeed my great uncle. I have since discovered all my South African Trent relatives and mentioned this to them. They are very interested in recovering this medal and any others that may have been part of the sale package. i.e Cape Copper Company Medal for the Defence of O'okiep, bronze. FYI. his full names were John Charles Townsend Trent. The Townsend comes in as we are related to the Townsend family of Namaqualand. His grandfather being Edward Charles Townsend the brother of William Webster Townsend who was commissioned as a captain in the Namaqualand Town Guard. There is quite a nice biography on the Townsend's in City-Coins Medal 67.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

QSA (0) issued to JT Trent 5 years 10 months ago #59125

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4530
Bean,

if you know where the medals were sold, one approach some people take is to contact the dealer/auctioneers and ask if they will forward to the buyer a letter from the family. This has been a successful approach in the past for reuniting medals with the family and would be worth a go?

Good luck
David
Dr David Biggins

QSA (0) issued to JT Trent 5 years 10 months ago #59142

• Bean
  • Bean's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 2
Thank you David
Regards
Desiree

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.353 seconds