Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Just Saying.. 8 years 1 month ago #45874

• Rory
  • Rory's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2151
I am currently researching a QSA to a WJ Timm of Nesbitt's Horse with a view to purchasing said item.

The medal roll and nominal roll contain no fewer than 12 Timm's all who appear to be related some with very biblical names (Job to wit).

This led me to thinking that, given the numbers, the Regiment should have been renamed Timm's Horse which would be more representative than Nesbitt! :)

Apologies for the diversion - I am between trimming the hedge and mowing the lawn, a task not to be entrusted to the Garden Services ;)

Regards

Rory

P.S. I am no nearer to determining the identity of WJ Timm after all that....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Just Saying.. 8 years 1 month ago #45875

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Medals to Nesbitt's Horse certainly do turn up on occasion and I always start with a careful look through WO126/95-98, are you a keen horticulturalist, it might be well worth investing in the services of a professional to allow you to spend more time on medal collecting?

Just Saying.. 8 years 1 month ago #45876

• Rory
  • Rory's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2151
The gardening is done, grudgingly, in between bouts of medal collecting and is confined to mowing the lawn with the trusty old Briggs and Stratton alarming the neighbours. More advanced horticultural pursuits are the domain of the Dearly Beloved who acquits herself well of the various tasks and is a dab hand at pruning and pairing.

Enough of that now back to medal collecting. I was fortunate to acquire a "trio" of medals a couple of days ago:

- QSA to Pte. H.L. Christianson of the Durban Light Infantry with clasps Relief of Ladysmith and Transvaal - also saw service in 2 KFS and the Utrecht/Vryheid Mounted Police

- QSA to Tpr. H.W. Boyder of the South African Light Horse with clasps Cape Colony and Orange Free State

- QSA to Sjt. J. Young of the Imperial Light Horse with clasps Orange Free State, Transvaal and South Africa 1902

And, to end what has been a Good Weekend - a 6 clasper to the 1st Royal Dragoons to 4068 Pte. W Keen with clasps Orange Free State, Transvaal, Relief of Ladysmith, Laing's Nek, Tugela Heights and South Africa 1901 (not in that order)

Plenty of research work to keep me busy and out of the garden ;)

Regards

Rory

Just Saying.. 8 years 1 month ago #45878

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
A Briggs and Stratton, good heavens, I have not seen nor, indeed, heard one of those for a long time, although, they remain popular and they are certainly not inexpensive either, but, a price worth paying in the long term I feel, there are some nice medals there, in particular the DLI and 1RD.

Just Saying.. 8 years 1 month ago #45881

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4530
Agreed Rory. Medals > garden
Dr David Biggins

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.393 seconds