Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Register of Surviving medals awarded to St John Ambulance Brigade 2 years 9 months ago #77259

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4519
Thanks, Mike.

Starting price just less than £1,000 so not the most attractive SJAB pair I have seen.
Dr David Biggins

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Register of Surviving medals awarded to St John Ambulance Brigade 2 years 9 months ago #77260

• QSAMIKE
  • Thank you received: 1879

djb wrote: Thanks, Mike.

Starting price just less than £1,000 so not the most attractive SJAB pair I have seen.

I agree David..... I gave up trying to figure out ebay prices a long time ago.......

Mike
Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591

Register of Surviving medals awarded to St John Ambulance Brigade 2 years 9 months ago #77354

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
The group of 4 to Ord Holt sold at Morton and Eden for a hammer price of £580. Totals (inc VAT on the commission for the UK only): £719. R13,800. Au$1,290. Can$1,200. US$970
Dr David Biggins

Register of Surviving medals awarded to St John Ambulance Brigade 2 years 9 months ago #77408

• goose
  • Thank you received: 30
Good evening all.

When one relocates, one finds items that you had forgotten about and then I remembered this thread.

I have the QSA / SJAB to Orderly SM Hatherley. I bought it in 2019 as a near Christmas present to myself and then with all my moving around promptly forgot about him until now (surprised myself when I opened one of my medal trays to see if anything had gone missing - luckily not). At least we know there is another SJAB group for the register confirmed. His service number is 1607 as confirmed on Casus. He was attached to 5 and 16 General Hospital RAMC and was part of the Birmingham Corps. He is entitled to the CC, OFS and TVL clasps. No further research done on this fellow as yet.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: djb

Register of Surviving medals awarded to St John Ambulance Brigade 2 years 9 months ago #77417

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Goose, that sounds a very enjoyable find!

Many thanks for the information and images.
Dr David Biggins

Register of Surviving medals awarded to St John Ambulance Brigade 2 years 9 months ago #77504

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Some strong prices at DNW this morning.

The pair to Coultherst sold for a hammer price of £850. Totals (inc VAT for UK only): £1,095. R20,800. Au$1,950. Can$1,810. US$1,480
Dr David Biggins

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.610 seconds