Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Register of Surviving medals awarded to St John Ambulance Brigade 2 years 1 month ago #82337

• Bablefish
  • Bablefish's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 6
Bablefish is back! I've found the topic I started years ago.

A PC failure and change of email address stopped access. But I guessed the password, changed the email and am now connected.

This was prompted by finally getting the rarest 5 clasp QSA combination awarded to SJAB. This medal was awarded to 874 T Goddard and his Bronze medal survives (Leicester Corps) I hope to renunite. The unit was 18th Brigade Bearer Company, St John Ambulance Brigade. Joined the Company 6 May 1900. Left Company on completion of engagement 30 November 1900.

I now just need a Belmont clasp to complete the set but if all the Belmont clasps were awarded to local SJAB personnel then the job is done.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: djb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Register of Surviving medals awarded to St John Ambulance Brigade 2 years 1 month ago #82343

• Moranthorse1
  • Thank you received: 759
Welcome back bablefish!
Cheers Steve

Register of Surviving medals awarded to St John Ambulance Brigade 2 years 1 month ago #82347

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4519
Welcome back bablefish!

We have been maintaining this thread in your absence.

Regarding Orderly Goddard, I believe the Belmont column tick is an administrative mark rather than clasp entitlement. We have seen this a few times now on various rolls.

WO100/225p198:

The Yeses total 14 which is the number of clasps stated at the top of page 198.

The QSA (5) is confirmed on WO100/225p20:

Dr David Biggins
Attachments:

Register of Surviving medals awarded to St John Ambulance Brigade 2 years 1 month ago #82356

• Bablefish
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Thanks David.

My comment regarding the Belmont clasp did not relate to the medal to Goddard, sorry for the confusion.

What I meant to say was that I now have all the clasps issued to SJAB except Belmont. So far my research has only found this clasp awarded to Local SJAB with either no number or recorded as Civilian. If this is the case the Belfast clasp awarded to Goddard completes the set.

I also have medals with no clasp, 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 clasps. I’ve not discovered any with more than 5.

Register of Surviving medals awarded to St John Ambulance Brigade 2 years 1 month ago #82357

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4519
Oh, sorry. My misunderstanding

Belmont was earned by some men of the SJAB. It would need some investigation to see how many Belmont clasps were on medals named to the SJAB.
Dr David Biggins

Register of Surviving medals awarded to St John Ambulance Brigade 2 years 1 month ago #82360

• Bablefish
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
So far I’ve only found 6 Belmont clasps - all to Local SJAB
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: djb

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.627 seconds