Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Anglo-Boer War Veterans Association Enamel Lapel Badges. 10 years 10 months ago #10781

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
I would not go out looking for them, but, I have seen them in the past on market stalls for just a couple of pounds, all depends on the seller and if he/she knows what they actually have.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheBreaker02

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Anglo-Boer War Veterans Association Enamel Lapel Badges. 10 years 10 months ago #10806

• coldstream
  • Thank you received: 214
Hello TheBreaker
A very nice collection and thank you for posting them.
I picked up one of the standard badges at the weekend but not in as good condition as your example.

Paul :)

TheBreaker02 wrote: I find that they are getting harder and harder to find now these days, even on the internet, you don't find them so much.

You do see the standard veteran badge from time to time on auction sites like e-bay, that go anything from a few £'s to £30 or £40.00 and even more sometimes, but the other badges not so much. Of course there is always Sally Bosley badges.

You just don't see them in the old junk shops or even the collectors and antiques fairs.

Best regards,

TheBreaker02

"From a billow of the rolling veldt we looked back, and black columns were coming up behind us."
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheBreaker02

Anglo-Boer War Veterans Association Enamel Lapel Badges. 10 years 9 months ago #11957

• rdarby
  • Thank you received: 119
The SASA badge is for South Australia specifically. Each state in Australia had their own association with their own badge.

Anglo-Boer War Veterans Association Enamel Lapel Badges. 10 years 9 months ago #12010

• rdarby
  • Thank you received: 119
Hi the Breaker,

That first badge you list as the standard badge of the association. Can you tell me if that is a South African or a UK association?

I have one of them, and with the Ox Wagon and Tree it looks South African?

Thanks
Ryan

Anglo-Boer War Veterans Association Enamel Lapel Badges. 10 years 9 months ago #12012

• QSAMIKE
  • Thank you received: 1873
Hi Ryan.....

That is the General Pin for the Vet's Association founded in the UK and also used here in Canada.....

Mike
Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591

Anglo-Boer War Veterans Association Enamel Lapel Badges. 10 years 9 months ago #12015

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
And across the Empire! :)

QSAMIKE wrote: Hi Ryan.....

That is the General Pin for the Vet's Association founded in the UK and also used here in Canada.....

Mike

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.853 seconds