Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

South African War Veterans Association Lapel Pin Question 1 month 1 week ago #94678

• Barry S
  • Barry S's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello and thank you for the welcome!

Thank you for the information. I sincerely appreciate it.

It was suggested on another site that the differences in the pin may have been due to different manufacturers, but I thought I would ask here in case anyone had more information.

Thank you for the link Rob.

Steve, I only noticed when I decide to make a small display of the British and Canadian veterans pin along with the Australian veterans pin and was looking for the best example to use form my collection. The first thing the stuck out was the difference in the tree. Next I the difference between the colour of the enamel and so on.

Below are some ordinary photos of the display I made at the time.

Thanks once again for your help and time.

Cheers,
Barry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

South African War Veterans Association Lapel Pin Question 1 month 1 week ago #94680

• Rob D
  • Thank you received: 768
Welcome, Barry!
I recall these being worn by veterans into the 1970s, so it’s likely there were several batches made.
You could enquire on another forum which deals exclusively with badges:
www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93
Rob
The past is not dead. In fact, it's not even past.

South African War Veterans Association Lapel Pin Question 1 month 1 week ago #94685

• Moranthorse1
  • Thank you received: 767
Hi Barry,
Welcome to the ABW Forum.

I must have had a dozen or more of these veterans badges over the years, and I must confess that I have not noticed the differences until you have posted this thread!

Now I notice the difference in scrolling and also the orange/yellow enamelling. I have one of each colour variation.

On putting the two badges face to face there is also perhaps 1.5mm difference in diameter between them. The more yellow one being the larger of the two

As Rob says, they must have been manufactured in numerous batches over the years.

Cheers Steve

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.652 seconds