• Page:

TOPIC:

Pte James Smallbones. ILI ILH? 5 years 7 months ago #60465

• John W
  • John W's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
This article relates to the above man saying he was seconded to the Imperial Light Infantry. I was wondering if he may more likely be Imperial Light Horse given the talk of horses. He is on the right in this picture, is it possible to confirm either way from this. He does not appear on the ILI nominal roll but that may be because he was a secondment? Anyway it is a nice picture of uniform and the man on the left certainly appears to be wearing mounted boots.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Pte James Smallbones. ILI ILH? 5 years 7 months ago #60467

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
3535 Pte J smallbones Bedford Company, 6th MI, I would suggest the word "light" was merely written in error, Imperial "Mounted" Infantry would have been correct.
Great name!

John W wrote: This article relates to the above man saying he was seconded to the Imperial Light Infantry. I was wondering if he may more likely be Imperial Light Horse given the talk of horses. He is on the right in this picture, is it possible to confirm either way from this. He does not appear on the ILI nominal roll but that may be because he was a secondment? Anyway it is a nice picture of uniform and the man on the left certainly appears to be wearing mounted boots.

The following user(s) said Thank You: John W

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.444 seconds