Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

O. A. E. GREEN, 4 IY - Carved Stock Lee Enfield Carbine and Some Dates 6 years 9 months ago #54595

• Baden Powell
  • Baden Powell's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 34
Linneyl, thanks for the captured Carbine analysis. That sounds like it would be correct, except would not that put it at odds with his newphew's note that Green used/carried it throughout the war.

RoyS, for your question I have added these photos.
Hope are OK.
Thanks, James
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: LinneyI

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

O. A. E. GREEN, 4 IY - Carved Stock Lee Enfield Carbine and Some Dates 6 years 9 months ago #54596

• RoyS
  • Thank you received: 18
Hi James,

Thank you for that. Gosh what a rifle, it has everything going for it. Well done again, really lovely to see this.

Cheerio,

Roy

Collecting/wanted ABW insignia if anyone has some spares?

My website: www.wilkinsonfscollection.com

O. A. E. GREEN, 4 IY - Carved Stock Lee Enfield Carbine and Some Dates 6 years 9 months ago #54598

• LinneyI
  • Thank you received: 1537
BP
Thanks for the extra pics! Really a first rate item. I don't think that our discussion negates the nephew's note about Lt. Green carrying the carbine "throughout the war". The campaign commenced in 10/99 and the IY did not arrive in SA until the first quarter of 1900. "Throughout the war" may well have been intended to mean during Lt. Green's time in the campaign. Memories do fade, of course. My copy of Boer War Services of Military Officers has "Lt. Green, O.A.H." as serving from 11/7/01.
Best regards
IL.

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.847 seconds